November 21, 2008

joy in God's tenderness and compassion

"A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out." Ias. 42:3

Today's verse at the end of the morning Daily Light reading reminds me of the movie I watched with my daughter last night: August Rush. What a lovely movie, about faith and inspiration, courage and trust, and belief in a dream overpowering everything else. And about God's sovereignty and protection, and also about Satan's destructive power. It was all there, although not explicitly intended, I think. You would have to see it to understand what I mean, but it would be well worth it, as well as full of wonderful music. It encouraged me so much, as I watch the lonely child in me desperately believe for my own dreams, and those of others, in the face of so many obstacles, but having the power not only of my dreams, but the friendship of my almighty saviour, who will do and not do as this verse proclaims.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

I love that movie! On You Tube you can find many clips from it to enjoy again.