September 12, 2008

joy in being a girl with my girls, new creations together

In the early morning rain I have been pondering the healing for me and my girls in our sharing since their return from Uganda. It has been a huge blessing to go through their re-entry with them step by step as I have not had supply teaching and have been going with them to appointments. Sarah and I saw Mamma Mia together last night. Rachel and I had shared it in the summer before she went away. Not only have I been able to hear many of the hurts that Sarah has particularly been carrying over her time away, the misunderstandings of other Christians of her feminine creative spirit, but also the young woman, the teenager and the little girl in me are being released into greater freedom. I have fostered and nurtured in my daughters what was misunderstood and quelled in me, and now I am reaping more fruit from that in their continuing fostering and nurturing of the same in me. The hurt inner child and wounded teenager and young woman in me are being healed, not only through the work God has been doing with me in deep work with a counsellor, but also in these primary relationships with my daughters. It is one of the wondrous ways God is restoring me, and can restore each of us. He promised to restore the years the locust has eaten. And He is. It seems another example of His statement about Himself: "I am that I am". His existence beyond time means that all that has been for me can be restoried into the new creation He has already made me, and whom I am discovering more each day. May that be so for you today, too.

1 comment:

Belinda said...

No time for much...pancakes..guests await. But it was so good to read this and think of all that God is doing in you through your daughters and in them through you.