September 11, 2008

joy in a new season

It's fall. The softer sunshine beckons me. The gentle reminders of the earth's beauty, silent voices speaking of the changing seasons. We are in a small town, but we have big plans. I have many concerns in my own life, but I am blessed that they can fit in around my daughters' needs, and I can have the joy of helping them readjust to Canadian life, to home life, to school, to making plans for work and future study. So much to discuss, so much to help assess and make realistic plans about. Even now I need to google some bus rates, have my quiet time, and get us off for the first appointment of a number in this day. It is Sept. 11th. A reminder that we are still peaceful and safe in a world that has become increasingly scary for others. A reminder that my girls are safely home, off the airlines, and into a new phase which is complicated and momentous enough. What a joy to have more than my own plans to deal with.

No comments: