July 18, 2008

joy in growing awareness and seeking His presence

It is a muggy morning. I am heading off to work feeling tired and so aware of the slog of the job. It is a good occasion to reaffirm the timeless truth that our only true joy is in Jesus and in our relationship with Him. He is the source of all our joy, peace, etc. All our springs of joy are in Him. And I also need to reaffirm my weakness and dependence upon Him for everything: physical and emotional strength to do my job, protection from Him to withstand the spiritual warfare swirling around me all the time. I also reaffirm that life is lived in moments - that each moment is fresh and I want to live fully in that moment - in His presence.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm drinking in all those wise words.

Meg said...

Glad they are wise to you...to me they are spoken to myself..in desperation and struggle...that we all know..