September 23, 2008

joy in the endless song

Another hymn we sang at church on Sunday morning was called "My Life Flows on in Endless Song". We sang it in memory of the former choir director, who died of cancer a few years ago. It has a lovely tune, and wonderful words. This morning this was the song flowing through my mind, as I rejoiced in the healing God is doing in my heart of some very toxic wounds from a very very long time ago. Although I am not laughing hilariously these days, or feeling "on top of the world", I am so very grateful to those in my life who are with me on this deep journey, and for the fruit that is coming. There is a deep calm settling into my heart and this song illustrates how that can feel at times, especially the following verse:

Through all the tumble and the strife,
I hear that music ringing;
it sounds and echoes in my soul;
how can I keep from singing!

Chorus:
No storm can shake my inmost calm,
while to that Rock I'm clinging.
Since Love is lord of heaven and earth,
how can I keep from singing?

You can hear the tune and see all the words if you search "My Life Flows on in Endless Song" or "How Can I Keep From Singing?". There are several cyberhymnal sites which I have tried to cite but with difficulty, so a search would do it more accurately for you.

May the blessings of song and calm be with us all today, in His love.

No comments: