September 27, 2008

joy in God's empowerment in our beings

This morning my girls and I are off to Barrie and Toronto. I have another course in Teaching and Training Adults, and Sarah will catch the bus to Toronto to meet friends at the University Fair, which Rachel and I will attend with her again tomorrow. We will catch up with Sarah this evening in Toronto after my course, and stay with my friend Jean, looking at pictures of Sarah and Rachel's trip, and having a girly night. Then tomorrow we are off to see cousins and then on to the fair, and Word on the Street, a big event a Queen's Park. Then home tomorrow night. All in all a busy but interesting weekend. I will enjoy being with my girls in a special way, and continuing on with their visions and plans for their lives. They are young with lots of energy. I am moving out of middle age into the next stage.

Yet I often quote the "60 is the new 40" adage and say I am trusting in that. It seems I am trying to make up for lost time. But I am also trying to be focused in my preparation for future work and ministry. Yet I love taking opportunities and then sometimes wonder where I will find the strength. It comes from somewhere, usually, and I believe that somewhere is the Lord. And so I was encouraged by today's words in Streams in the Desert:

"The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty." (Zeph. 3:17)

"the living Christ passes moment by moment into my redeemed body, filling, energizing, vitalizing it with the presence and power of His own personality, turning my whole being into a 'new heaven and new earth." Then all that is in God Almighty is mine and in me just as far as I am able and willing to appropriate Him and all that belongs to Him. This God, "Mighty," ALL Mighty God, is our INSIDE God. He is, as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, in the midst of me, just as really as the sun is in the center of the heavens, or like the great dynamo in the center of the powerhouse of my threefold being. He is in the midst, at the center of my physical being. He is in the midst of my brain. He is in the midst of my nerve centers." .....My life, physical, mental, and spiritual, is like an artesian well - always full, overflowing."

These words were written by a Dr. Henry Wilson, at the age of seventy. I speak them into my being, and trust that they will inspire me further as I move ahead with all my activities this weekend, and for the rest of the year, and the rest of my life.

No comments: