September 18, 2008

joy in recognizing growth in the midst of pruning

This morning as I am getting ready to go on a supply teaching assignment I see new growth in the way I am handling stuff. I am tired, but trusting I will be okay and refreshed in God's strength for the day. I am a little anxious, but knowing He will see me through. I am aware of the many concerns on my mind and heart, but believing that He has my life under His control and will make a way in each and every situation for me, as I trust in Him and do things His way as much as I can. I am keeping the eternal perspective as I look back and look forward in my life. I was encouraged last night to hear my daughter say that if she were to die at her age it would be okay because she has had an interesting and fulfilling life already. That was such a blessing to me. I don't think I could have articulated it that way myself at her age although I was serious about spiritual things and had had an interesting life in many ways. But what is always most important is to keep God's eternal long term perspective on anything, whether it be the momentary trials we are undergoing in any way in our lives, or some deep pruning that is going on. Whatever it is, it is our trust in Him that matters, to Him and to us, and that is what will see us through.

No comments: