October 07, 2008

joy in new opportunities for growth and creativity

Last night I began my intensive one week pottery class with seven other women at a long established local potter's biannual class. I absolutely loved it, having been anxious wondering if I really could work on the wheel with success. I had loved pottery when I first tried it years ago, but had really only got confident with doing hand built pots.

I was so impressed with the gracious style of teaching of this couple, and the lovely setup. We each can work on our own wheel, and do so for three hours an evening. For me, who can spend so much time in my head, it was a great opportunity to relax and focus and use my hands, which I loved to do. It came after a multiple intelligence test and learning styles inventory we did in my Adult Education training class on Saturday, in which I identified a much higher tactile/kinesthetic ratio of learning style and intelligence than I had thought.

This is a delightful blessing for me in the midst of this season of working through so many things on many levels, helping to change my "archival story" in the way that I want to, and to experience in ever deepening ways God working as the master potter in my life to reshape me.

No comments: