October 11, 2008

joy in singing the bottom line, that Jesus Loves Me

Today is another lovely sunny morning in Muskoka. The girls and I are about to take our overweight delightful cats to the vet, and begin preparations for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow when my sister and nephew join us from out of town. I have more bags to take to the thrift store, and lots more sorting to do in the basement. Our pastor has just phoned to see how Jim is doing. God is faithful, busy at His work for another day. His love is the bottom line.

I woke this morning remembering a dream. I was in Africa, and somehow in an outdoor setting it was my turn to sing a song over a microphone. I wasn't prepared this time, but felt God say in my spirit, "Sing Jesus Loves Me". I'm one of those people who would like that sung at my funeral. It is my bottom line, since childhood. I know of other people who want that done at their funerals too.

In the dream I shared that I said to God, "But that's a baby song", and He said back to me "And you're my baby". And so I sang it in my dream, and I sing it now here, for you:

Jesus loves me, this I know,
For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me,
Yes, Jesus loves me,
Yes, Jesus loves me,
The Bible tells me so.

Jesus loves me, He who died,
Heaven's gates to open wide,
He will wash away my sin,
Let His little child come in.

Yes, Jesus loves me,
Yes, Jesus loves me,
Yes, Jesus loves me,
The Bible tells me so.

Blessings on your Thanksgiving! No post tomorrow, my Sabbath day.

No comments: