July 28, 2008

joy in self-acceptance

Amazing how non-self accepting we can be. I keep finding that out. Layers and layers of the rules I carry inside myself from all that I have known and experienced. How grateful I am for the help I have to continue to work things through, and how wonderful that God uses me along the way.

A song from the Medical Mission Sisters just plopped into my head. Here are a few lines:

"It's a long road to freedom, a winding steep and high; but when you walk in love with the wind on your wing, and cover the earth with the songs you sing, the miles fly by."

I learned that song in the late sixties. I have always loved it and pondered its meanings from time to time. For now, I am grateful to say that as I walk this long road to freedom, I do love to sing many songs, I do walk in love, I do discover the wind on my wing, and, in spite of my sense that life seems so long and hard sometimes, the miles do fly by.

May they do so for you, on your road to freedom.

No comments: