October 18, 2008

joy in being part of powerful worship

I am at the worship conference.  It is a great joy and blessing, even though I am on my own and having to drive around a strange city and find various venues with maps and God's guidance.  World reknowned songwriters and worship leaders are giving workshops and there are many hundreds of dedicated people in attendance.  Last night it was a great joy to hear Robin Mark and his band lead us in some of his popular and anointed songs.  I sat with longtime friends, husband and wife, who are pastors in a nearby town.  I haven' t seen them for about six years.  

So there is much to take in, and much to use in future days.  I don't have time to write about it now, but I am sure it will make a big difference to my approach to creative ministry, giving me language and confidence for the future.  It is wonderful to be part of this movement in this generation, and to know that God is calling me to continue further in this area of ministry.

I look forward to another day of workshops and worship, and trust that the Lord will continue to watch over my driving.  My leg is sore and my foot is bruised, but I am walking okay for the most part.  God is faithful and will continue to be, as I am faithful to Him and His calling.

No comments: