October 25, 2008

joy in knowing He will keep us

" To Him who is able to keep (us) from falling and to present (us) before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God our Saviour be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! " Amen.

If I were to write nothing else on my blog, this should be it. What more is there to say? Life is challenging, but God will keep us, if we have given our lives to Him.

I am off to my wonderful next Adult education training course in Barrie today. How good to look forward to something knowing it will be well done, challenging, and full of benefits, yet not too overwhelming with all that is already on my plate. Then my sister and I meet and go on to Toronto to see a friend and encourage her. I would be happy to stay home today by the fire and rake the leaves and get some more rest...ahh that would be nice. But I will have strength for the day, and peace, and trust for His keeping power, and His protection.

I am learning more and more to "stay in the day", and trust for tomorrow. Then I can find my joy in the moments, along the way, savouring all that He does as He keeps me, safe in His loving care.

No comments: