October 21, 2008

joy in sharing with family

This morning we have snow in the air and on the ground. Our cat was taken aback when the door was opened for her to have her morning airing and she saw a white wet blanket for her paws. No go for her. But I was happy to put my boots on to go out, and to laugh about the lawn chairs that still have to be put away. We all agreed it is beginning to feel like Christmas. And I am going to have my sorting load lightened by sharing it with Sarah who is at home a lot with fewer shifts for work. The days when I am not teaching I can get into that more. My sister and I went through more of Mum's papers and photos last night and it is so much easier to share these heavy things. And it is wonderful to have family who understand implicitly and have their own interest. These are precious gifts from God. Today I am so grateful for a cozy day with the snow outside to make it easier to work in the basement sorting with Sarah. Enough for the day, and to live in the moment in the task in the relationship, knowing it is all part of God's care and goodness.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Dear Meg
You have SNOW!! Wow!

Well, your day sounds so cozy and I pray that you get lots done!

Love and blessings from England!

Meg said...

Hope you are having a lovely time there. What's your weather like?