November 26, 2008

joy in being more aware of world issues

One of my duties these days is helping my younger daughter with her homework in Grade 12 with her courses in World Issues and Canada and World Politics. Although I have quite an awareness and concern about these areas, I have gotten behind on the specifics. Being thrust into them through this role with my daughter is helping me to get caught up. I am grateful and it is coming at a good time. My own goals and concerns for personal, professional and financial survival are getting sorted out and clarified, and beginning to be realized, and so I can feel that I can take time to read the newspaper intelligently, or bother to engage in a discussion at church or supply teaching where I won't get lost in feeling I am not up to speed. I will also be able to more prayerfully engage in these concerns, and maybe one day write about them.

No comments: