November 24, 2008

joy in seeing light at the end of the tunnel

The darkness of winter is setting in. I have had a lot of emotional turmoil the last few days, held well in check, but there nonetheless. One way I have coped often is to have a vision for the future. This morning, in the midst of a carefully manicured version of my turmoil, I phoned the life coaching group that I want to train with, and was able to talk about how they do their work in a Christian way. It was exciting to me to realize that it would be a good fit, which is what had happened in our first conversation. This is especially meaningful to me right now because of how I am feeling. If it gives me a greater sense of order in my life to have a vision of where I am going, work wise, as well as in my spiritual life, then it helps me to cope with the daily ups and downs. So I am grateful for this sign of God's blessing today, and even more so because in my conversation the person said they had to go to a meeting and I realized I had caught her at the perfect time for both of us. God has been faithful to me again. I am blessed and trust I can carry that blessing through this day.

No comments: