November 28, 2008

joy in the benefits of a flexible schedule

I have often complained to myself and sometimes to others about not having a full time job, but also been glad of the flexibility of supply teaching, studying and planning the other things I am. Today is a day to celebrate this flexibility. It is a school day, but because my younger daughter has a PA day, and my older daughter needs to look at the University of Toronto and go on their tour today, I can take the day to go with them and we can enjoy our day together. I can even fit in a visit with my Spiritual Director, with whom I would usually talk on the phone since I am not a student down there myself these days. So I am off to make us a big breakfast and hit the road...what a blessing there is only a light extra dusting of snow and the driving should be fine...all three of us can drive...we'll keep the coffee business going too.

No comments: