July 07, 2008

joy in God's outrageous grace

Today was a busy day, my one day off this week from my new job. I used every moment as wisely and fully as I could. One of the things was planning the songs for the contemporary worship service next Sunday evening. The speaker's topic is Grace, and since I have to lead this time I had to find the songs and work with her ideas too. It turned out to be a precious time, singing through songs, listening to samples via the internet, praying for the best choices. It lightened my load, and energized me with His power, proving as always that His presence is in His praise. And furthermore it was a sign of His grace...coming just after a heavy phone call session with a dear friend who has intolerable burdens. It can be easy to slip into great worry and despair as we witness the struggles of others. But when we are reminded of His grace and power we can feel it more, believe it more, and for me that seems to be a continuing process, despite all the many years of being a Christian. I imagine it is much the same for all of us.

No comments: