July 25, 2008

joy in hearing His voice today

Today I left my job on good terms and felt free to move on. There was no sense of condemnation. And I am so grateful for all that I learned about myself. As I moved on with the day I discovered so many new things to accomplish and they had a sense of freshness and vision about them. One of them was a new perspective on some current local ministry I am doing. Last evening at a special church meeting I felt some stirrings within me, with discomfort and questions in my spirit as to where I fit in the whole process of what was going on. As I was able to consult the Lord more about those questions today, I got some answers which were deeply satisfying. They were spoken in His voice to me alone. I, His little sheep, know His voice deep within my spirit, and when I take time to consult Him quietly and with confidence, then He reconnects me to the bigger picture He has given me and shows me how to connect the present with the past and the future. I am so grateful that He did that for me today, and I know He will continue to do so.

No comments: