July 24, 2008

joy in realistically assessing ourselves.

Today was difficult but rewarding. I got in touch with reality about myself in this summer job and realized it was not going to work physically or emotionally, and resigned. It was hard to realize that once again I had not really adequately assessed myself and how I fit into situations. And accepting that I am who I am with certain gifts and skills and that I need to work with those and not try to be someone I can't be. Those are liberating experiences, even when they involve painful decisions. I am grateful for my body and my emotions telling me it wouldn't work, and overruling my head. But it still scares me how easily my head can overrule and cause me harm. But God is faithful and makes use of all our experiences, and brings good out of them. That is one of His many specialties and I know that as I rely more and more on Him in every decision, He will help to lead me in straight paths in every area of my life.

May He do so for you today, and every day.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Dear Meg,
You will have taken away experience to mine for the future. Nothing is lost, ever!

And you tried valiantly, but you were a round peg in a square hole.

Enjoy the freedom you now have, having made that difficult decision.

Meg said...

Dear Belinda,

As always, thanks for your sweet ministry to me. I have read your comment after I wrote the blog for today, and it is confirming of what God has already shown me. Thank you again.