July 20, 2008

joy in trusting in His faithfulness

This lovely rainy Sunday morning I spoke to old missionary friends in Uganda to check up on arrangements to host and help my daughters in Kampala, the capital city. Everything is in place, and they are looking forward to reconnecting with them, after all these years. Sarah, who is still out there, will be with them after travelling safely with other missionaries I trust up the dangerous highway from the big town where she lives most of the time, since late March, and together they will meet Rachel's plane from Canada via England in the early morning in early August. I am so pleased for Rachel that she will have safe people to help her embark on her reconnection with the land of her childhood, as Sarah had the organization she went out under in March. I have seen God work out each complicated detail for their arrangements, their security, and their comfort. He has been incredibly faithful. Of course I have been in constant prayer for them, and so have others. Nevertheless it is a huge concern to have two daughters flying back and forth across the Atlantic and North Africa in these days of terrorism. I am thrilled for them about this opportunity they have. But I will be so glad when they both are back on terra firma on Sept. 9th.

So, for them, and for me, and for you, I quote these words from my very favourite Brian Doerksen song,
"Your Faithfulness":

Chorus
Certain as the rivers reach the sea
Certain as the sunrise in the east
I can rest in Your faithfulness
Surer than a mother's tender love
Surer than the stars still shine above
I can rest in Your faithfulness

Verse 1
I don't know what this day will bring
Will it be disappointing
Or filled with longed for things
I don't know what tomorrow holds
Still I know I can trust Your faithfulness

Verse 2
I don't know if these clouds mean rain
If they do will they pour down blessing or pain
I don't know what the future holds
Still I know I can trust Your faithfulness

Verse 3
I don't know how or when I'll die
Will it be a thief
Or will I have a chance to say good-bye
No I don't know how much time is left
But in the end I will know Your faithfulness

(BRIDGE)
When darkness overwhelms my soul
When thoughts are storms of doubt
Still I trust You are always faithful

Always faithful
CCLI Song #3719091© 2002 Integrity's Hosanna! Music
Brian Doerksen

No comments: